Malaysia's stock index falls sharply ahead of election announcement
KUALA LUMPUR, April 3
KUALA LUMPUR, April 3 (Reuters) - Malaysia's main stock index fell as low as 3.4 percent ahead of a televised announcement by Prime Minister Najib Razak at 11.30 a.m (0330 GMT) on Wednesday, when he is expected to dissolve parliament and call a general election.
National carrier Malaysian Airline System Bhd fell as much as 6.3 percent to 0.72 ringgit, while palm oil firm Felda Global Ventures Bhd sunk 8 percent to a two-month low of 4.35 ringgit.
By 10:38 a.m, the main index had recovered ground to trade 1.97 percent lower at 1,651.81.
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official