Nikkei rises 1.2 pct on Wall Street gains, BOJ easing hopes
TOKYO, April 3 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose on Wednesday, as gains in Wall Street helped the market recover from losses of more than 3 percent in the past two days, while hopes for further monetary easing at the Bank Of Japan's policy meeting this week supported sentiment. The Nikkei gained 1.2 percent to 12,142.18, while the broader Topix advanced 0.6 percent to 997.29.
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |
- Two adults, six children dead in Florida shooting: report