Nikkei rises 1.2 pct on Wall Street gains, BOJ easing hopes
TOKYO, April 3 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose on Wednesday, as gains in Wall Street helped the market recover from losses of more than 3 percent in the past two days, while hopes for further monetary easing at the Bank Of Japan's policy meeting this week supported sentiment. The Nikkei gained 1.2 percent to 12,142.18, while the broader Topix advanced 0.6 percent to 997.29.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |