Russian watchdog clears VTB deal to buy Tele2 Russia-Ifax
MOSCOW, April 3
MOSCOW, April 3 (Reuters) - Russia's anti-monopoly regulator has cleared a plan by state-controlled bank VTB to buy the Russian unit of Nordic telecoms group Tele2, Interfax news agency quoted the regulator's head Igor Artemyev as saying on Wednesday.
"A decision has been made to support this project," Artemyev was quoted as saying.
Tele2's Russian business is at the center of rival offers in the wake of a $3.5 billion agreed deal unveiled last week to sell the assets to VTB.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- NYC buildings explosion kills 6, others missing