RPT-Lawsuit by ex-wife of SAC's Cohen revived on appeal
NEW YORK, April 3
NEW YORK, April 3 (Reuters) - A U.S. appeals court revived much of a lawsuit against SAC Capital Advisors founder Steven A. Cohen on Wednesday, brought by his ex-wife.
The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York said a lower court erred in dismissing fraud-based claims by Patricia Cohen, who sued her ex-husband in 2009.
The appellate court revived claims of racketeering, fraud and breach of fiduciary duty that a trial judge had dismissed in 2011.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards offered online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |