RPT-Lawsuit by ex-wife of SAC's Cohen revived on appeal
NEW YORK, April 3
NEW YORK, April 3 (Reuters) - A U.S. appeals court revived much of a lawsuit against SAC Capital Advisors founder Steven A. Cohen on Wednesday, brought by his ex-wife.
The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York said a lower court erred in dismissing fraud-based claims by Patricia Cohen, who sued her ex-husband in 2009.
The appellate court revived claims of racketeering, fraud and breach of fiduciary duty that a trial judge had dismissed in 2011.
- Up to 18 exposed to U.S. Ebola patient, including children |
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |