U.S. sees real danger from North Korea, trying to defuse tensions
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States sees a "real and clear" danger from North Korea, given its nuclear and missile capabilities and bellicose rhetoric, U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said on Wednesday.
"We take those threats seriously," Hagel said, addressing an audience at the National Defense University in Washington.
"We are doing everything we can, working with the Chinese, others, to defuse that situation on the peninsula."
(Reporting by Phil Stewart)
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation