Egypt aims to remove subsidies on basics in 3-5 years -minister
CAIRO, April 4
CAIRO, April 4 (Reuters) - Egypt aims to phase out subsidies for bread, other basic foodstuffs and oil in three to five years, state-run Al-Ahram newspaper quoted oil minister Osama Kamal as saying on Thursday.
"We are putting into consideration to start increasing the prices of salaries and decrease the subsidies until we manage to completely end subsidies in three to five years," Kamal said.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- JPMorgan warns 465,000 card users on data loss after cyber attack