Facebook showcases "Home" software for Google Android phones
MENLO PARK, Calif., April 4 (Reuters) - Facebook Inc unveiled "Home" software on Thursday that will integrate the social network more completely with Android users' smartphones, a move that may divert users from Google Inc services and steal some of its rival's momentum in the fast-growing mobile arena.
Its new family of apps is designed to place the network front-and-center on smartphones based on Google's Android operating system, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg told reporters.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?
- Defeated nationalist leader says Scots 'tricked' out of independence
- Kurds issue new call to arms against Islamic State in Syria |