HP chairman Lane resigns, Whitworth takes over for now
SAN FRANCISCO, April 4
SAN FRANCISCO, April 4 (Reuters) - Hewlett-Packard Co Chairman Ray Lane, who has come under fire from shareholders for his role in the botched, costly acquisition of British software firm Autonomy Plc, has stepped down, the company said on Thursday.
Director Ralph Whitworth will become interim chairman, the company said on Thursday.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source