HP chairman Lane resigns, Whitworth takes over for now
SAN FRANCISCO, April 4
SAN FRANCISCO, April 4 (Reuters) - Hewlett-Packard Co Chairman Ray Lane, who has come under fire from shareholders for his role in the botched, costly acquisition of British software firm Autonomy Plc, has stepped down, the company said on Thursday.
Director Ralph Whitworth will become interim chairman, the company said on Thursday.
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- D'Souza gets community confinement for election law violation
- Three killed, including shooter, at UPS facility in Alabama
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York