HP chairman Lane resigns, Whitworth takes over for now
SAN FRANCISCO, April 4
SAN FRANCISCO, April 4 (Reuters) - Hewlett-Packard Co Chairman Ray Lane, who has come under fire from shareholders for his role in the botched, costly acquisition of British software firm Autonomy Plc, has stepped down, the company said on Thursday.
Director Ralph Whitworth will become interim chairman, the company said on Thursday.
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |
- Two adults, six children dead in Florida shooting: report