Dollar index rises to eight-month high
LONDON, April 4
LONDON, April 4 (Reuters) - The dollar index rose to an eight-month high on Thursday, pushed higher by gains against the yen and euro after aggressive monetary easing steps from the Bank of Japan and weak euro zone business activity data.
The dollar rose 0.8 percent against a basket of currencies to 83.390, its highest level since early August.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data