Nikkei pares losses after BOJ unveils more easing steps
TOKYO, April 4
TOKYO, April 4 (Reuters) - The Nikkei share average pared losses on Thursday after the Bank of Japan announced further easing measures, including bringing forward the timing of its open-ended asset buying and extending the maturity of Japanese government bonds it will buy.
The Nikkei was down 0.3 percent at 12,324.88 points. It was down about 1.6 percent before the BOJ decision.
The broader Topix index added 0.3 percent to 1,012.96.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions