Nikkei pares losses after BOJ unveils more easing steps
TOKYO, April 4
TOKYO, April 4 (Reuters) - The Nikkei share average pared losses on Thursday after the Bank of Japan announced further easing measures, including bringing forward the timing of its open-ended asset buying and extending the maturity of Japanese government bonds it will buy.
The Nikkei was down 0.3 percent at 12,324.88 points. It was down about 1.6 percent before the BOJ decision.
The broader Topix index added 0.3 percent to 1,012.96.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions