US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St cuts gains, Dow turns negative
NEW YORK, April 4
NEW YORK, April 4 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks cut their gains in a volatile session on Thursday, with the Dow turning negative following an unexpected rise in weekly jobless claims.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 3.32 points, or 0.02 percent, at 14,547.03. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 0.46 point, or 0.03 percent, at 1,554.15. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 11.20 points, or 0.35 percent, at 3,207.40.
- Crisis deepens as Ukraine says Russian troops back rebel advance |
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- Islamic State executes dozens of Syrian army soldiers: monitor