US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens firmer on supportive central banks
NEW YORK, April 4
NEW YORK, April 4 (Reuters) - Wall Street opened slightly higher on Thursday as aggressive action by the Bank of Japan and supportive comments by U.S. officials indicated continued support for the market.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 14.80 points, or 0.10 percent, at 14,565.15. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 0.91 points, or 0.06 percent, at 1,554.60. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 5.79 points, or 0.18 percent, at 3,212.81.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet