Midstates to buy Anadarko Basin oil and gas assets for $620 mln
April 4 (Reuters) - Midstates Petroleum Co Inc said it will buy oil and gas acreage in the Anadarko Basin in Texas and Oklahoma from Panther Energy LLC and its partners Red Willow Mid-Continent LLC and LINN Energy Holdings LLC for $620 million in cash.
"(The deal) increases our year-end 2012 proved reserves by almost 50 percent, grows our fourth-quarter production by over 50 percent, and nearly doubles our active gross well count," Midstates Chief Executive John Crum said in a statement.
The deal is expected to close by May 31.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'