REFILE-Provident New York to buy Sterling Bancorp in $344 mln deal
April 4 (Reuters) - Provident New York Bancorp said it will buy Sterling Bancorp in a stock transaction valued at $344 million.
Sterling Bancorp shareholders will receive 1.2625 shares of Provident for each of their shares. Upon closing, Provident shareholders will own 53 percent of the combined company while Sterling shareholders will own 47 percent.
The combined company would have pro forma revenue of about $257 million and net income of about $41 million for 2012.
Provident shares closed at $8.81 on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday, while Sterling shares closed at $10.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- N.Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'