CORRECTED-STXNEWS LATAM-HRT Chairman to resign on stock-market rule
(Corrects to say that resignation plan was previously announced, that Marcio Mello remains CEO and still holds a seat on the board of directors) Marcio Mello, chief executive officer of Brazilian oil and gas company HRT Participações em Petróleo SA plans to step down as chairman of the company's board of directors April 29 to comply with rules at the Sao Paulo's BM&FBovespa stock exchange, the company said in a statement on Wednesday.
HRT and other companies that participate in the BM&FBovespa's Novo Mercado, or "New Market" are required to separate the positions of Board Chairman and CEO by May 2014, the company said.
While resigning his chairmanship, Mello, the founder of HRT will remain on the board and will continue as CEO, HRT said.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls