Deutsche Telekom says not amending terms of MetroPCS deal
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Deutsche Telekom said on Thursday it has no plans to amend the terms of a proposed merger of its T-Mobile USA unit with rival MetroPCS.
Asked whether the Bonn-based company was working on sweetening the deal, a spokesman said: "No, we can flatly deny that."
Last week, two proxy advisory firms suggested MetroPCS shareholders should vote against the deal, backing opposing shareholders who have concerns about the valuation and the amount of debt being assigned to the combined company.
(Reporting by Harro ten Wolde; Editing by Maria Sheahan)
- Palestinian death toll rises to 76 as Israel hits Gaza over rocket fire |
- Texas man charged with capital murder for shooting dead six |
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Wall St. slides as Portugal bank worry triggers selloff