Explosion reported at Georgia Power coal plant -local media
April 4 (Reuters) - An explosion was reported on Thursday afternoon at Georgia Power's 3,166 megawatt Plant Bowen coal-fired station in Bartow County, northwest of Atlanta, according to local media sources.
No serious injuries were immediately reported by local emergency personnel.
One utility regulator, who was briefed by the company, said the explosion occurred in a unit that was shut for maintenance, according to a report.
Company officials could not immediately be reached for comment.
- Israel says shoots down Gaza drone as calls for truce mount |
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |