Canada's Ivey PMI index jumps in March
TORONTO, April 5
TORONTO, April 5 (Reuters) - The pace of purchasing activity in Canada jumped by more than expected in March, according to Ivey Purchasing Managers Index data released on Friday.
The seasonally adjusted index rose to 61.6 in March from 51.1 in February. Analysts polled by Reuters had expected an adjusted reading of 52.4.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia