FX daily volumes drop 10 pct in March - CLS data
LONDON, April 5
LONDON, April 5 (Reuters) - Average daily volumes in the foreign exchange market slipped 10 percent in March from the previous month, data from FX settlement system CLS showed on Friday.
Total volumes submitted to CLS, combining settlement and aggregation services, fell to 1,217,817 from 1,351,490 in February.
Despite that, the average daily value of transactions in the foreign exchange market was barely changed from the previous month, slipping 0.2 percent in March to $5.16 trillion from $5.17 trillion in February.
Earlier in the week data showed daily spot foreign exchange trading volumes on the EBS trading platform fell 19 percent on the month.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite