Earthquake measuring 7.2 magnitude strikes Irian Jaya, Indonesia-USGS
SYDNEY, April 6
SYDNEY, April 6 (Reuters) - An earthquake measuring 7.2 magnitude struck 256 km (159 miles) east of Enarotali in Irian Jaya, Indonesia on Saturday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The earthquake was 58 km (36 miles) deep, said the USGS.
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- Guilt may spoil restorative effects of entertainment
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |