Earthquake measuring 7.2 magnitude strikes Irian Jaya, Indonesia-USGS
SYDNEY, April 6
SYDNEY, April 6 (Reuters) - An earthquake measuring 7.2 magnitude struck 256 km (159 miles) east of Enarotali in Irian Jaya, Indonesia on Saturday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The earthquake was 58 km (36 miles) deep, said the USGS.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter