Saudi dairy producer Almarai says Q1 net profit grew 5pc in year
RIYADH, April 6
RIYADH, April 6 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabian dairy producer Almarai Co said its first quarter net profit was 255 million riyals ($68 million), a 5.4 percent rise over the same quarter of 2012 but a 30.9 percent drop from the previous quarter.
The company said in a bourse statement on Saturday it attributed its year-on-year profit growth to increased revenue in all its products, particularly in poultry sales. The fall in income from the last quarter was a result of seasonal consumption habits, it said.
(Reporting by Angus McDowall; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |