Federal By-election Underway: Elections Canada Issues Writ of Election for Labrador (Newfoundland and Labrador)
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
Marketwired Elections Canada April 7, 2013 - 03:32:07 PM Federal By-election Underway: Elections Canada Issues Writ of Election for Labrador (Newfoundland and Labrador) OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - April 7, 2013) - -- The writ of election was issued today by Elections Canada for the federal by-election to be held on Monday, May 13, 2013, in the electoral district of Labrador (Newfoundland and Labrador) to fill one vacancy in the House of Commons. -- The local Elections Canada offices in this electoral district will be open shortly. -- All Canadian citizens in Labrador who are at least 18 years of age on election day are eligible to vote. To vote in a federal by-election, an elector's address of ordinary residence must be in the electoral district from the first day of revision of the lists of electors, Wednesday, April 10, until election day, Monday, May 13. -- Electors will be able to vote at advance polls on Friday, May 3, Saturday, May 4 or Monday, May 6; on election day; or by special ballot. Electors who wish to vote by special ballot must apply for their special ballot voting kit no later than 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 7. Applications are available at www.elections.ca, by phone or in person at local Elections Canada offices and Canadian diplomatic or consular offices. Vote. Shape your world. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT: Elections Canada Media Relations 1-877-877-9515 www.elections.ca Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats