Federal By-election Underway: Elections Canada Issues Writ of Election for Labrador (Newfoundland and Labrador)
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
OTTAWA, ONTARIO, Apr 07 (Marketwired) -- -- The writ of election was issued today by Elections Canada for the federal by-election to be held on Monday, May 13, 2013, in the electoral district of Labrador (Newfoundland and Labrador) to fill one vacancy in the House of Commons. -- The local Elections Canada offices in this electoral district will be open shortly. -- All Canadian citizens in Labrador who are at least 18 years of age on election day are eligible to vote. To vote in a federal by-election, an elector's address of ordinary residence must be in the electoral district from the first day of revision of the lists of electors, Wednesday, April 10, until election day, Monday, May 13. -- Electors will be able to vote at advance polls on Friday, May 3, Saturday, May 4 or Monday, May 6; on election day; or by special ballot. Electors who wish to vote by special ballot must apply for their special ballot voting kit no later than 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 7. Applications are available at www.elections.ca, by phone or in person at local Elections Canada offices and Canadian diplomatic or consular offices. Vote. Shape your world. Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament. Contacts: Elections Canada Media Relations 1-877-877-9515 www.elections.ca Â© 2013 Marketwire L.P. All rights reserved. -0-
- U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study