BOJ's policy welcome for world growth - IMF's Lagarde
BEIJING, April 7
BEIJING, April 7 (Reuters) - A huge monetary stimulus package to be unleashed by the Bank of Japan this week is a welcome step in supporting growth in the world economy, the managing director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) said on Sunday.
"Monetary policies - including unconventional measures -- have helped prop up the advanced economies, and in turn, global growth," Christine Lagarde told a forum in south China.
"The reforms just announced by the Bank of Japan are another welcome step in this direction."
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |