Saudi Riyad Bank posts 5.5 pct rise in 1st-quarter net profit
RIYADH, April 7
RIYADH, April 7 (Reuters) - Riyad Bank posted a 5.5 percent rise in its first-quarter profits on Sunday, beating analysts' forecasts.
The kingdom's third-largest listed bank by market value said in a bourse statement that it made 951 million riyals ($254 million) in the three months ended March 31, compared with 901 million riyals in the same period a year earlier.
Analysts surveyed by Reuters expected the bank to post an average of 876 million riyals for the first quarter. (Reporting By Angus McDowall; editing by Jane Baird)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans