Saudi Riyad Bank posts 5.5 pct rise in 1st-quarter net profit
RIYADH, April 7
RIYADH, April 7 (Reuters) - Riyad Bank posted a 5.5 percent rise in its first-quarter profits on Sunday, beating analysts' forecasts.
The kingdom's third-largest listed bank by market value said in a bourse statement that it made 951 million riyals ($254 million) in the three months ended March 31, compared with 901 million riyals in the same period a year earlier.
Analysts surveyed by Reuters expected the bank to post an average of 876 million riyals for the first quarter. (Reporting By Angus McDowall; editing by Jane Baird)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change