Talk show host Sara Gilbert engaged to singer Linda Perry
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Sara Gilbert, host of female chat show "The Talk," announced on Monday that she is engaged to her singer-songwriter Linda Perry.
Gilbert, 38, who starred as rebellious daughter Darlene Conner on the 1990s TV comedy "Roseanne," made the announcement on the all-women talk show she created for CBS television.
Gilbert, 38, said Perry proposed while surprising the actress with a serenade by musicians during a picnic.
"It's, like, the most amazing proposal ever," Gilbert said on the show.
Perry, 47, the former singer in the 1990s rock group 4 Non Blondes, now works as a songwriter, penning hits for pop singers Pink and Christina Aguilera, including the 2002 ballad "Beautiful."
Gilbert has two children from a previous relationship with television producer Allison Adler.
(Reporting by Eric Kelsey; Editing by Bill Trott)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
Revered by millions as a beacon of hope against oppression and as an archetype of reconciliation, Nelson Mandela leaves behind a grieving nation. Video