India's TVS Motor and BMW sign motorcycle development agreement
MUMBAI, April 8
MUMBAI, April 8 (Reuters) - TVS Motor Co Ltd and BMW AG's motorcycle division announced a long-awaited cooperation agreement on Monday in a deal that see the companies jointly develop motorcycles as TVS looks to stem a slide in its market share.
TVS and BMW Motorrad will develop and produce a series of motorcycles in the sub-500 cubic centimeter segments, TVS said in a press release, but each company will sell individual derivatives of vehicles through their own distribution channels.
TVS has seen its sales fall more than 6 percent this financial year that ended in March, against a 4 percent rise for the overall industry, as it loses market share to Japanese rivals Honda Motor Co and Yamaha Motor Co.
(Reporting by Henry Foy)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone