BRIEF-Interview-Penney CEO Ullman approached by board for job "over the weekend"
April 8 (Reuters) - J C Penney Company Inc : * Interview-j.c. penney co inc CEO ullman says was approached by board
for CEO job "over the weekend" * Penney CEO ullman won't say if he'll stick to shop-in-shop strategy, but says
"there's nothing wrong with the idea of having attractions" * Penney CEO ullman "it's going to be important to have someone with relevant
knowledge on the ground- i have a lot invested in wanting to be successful." * Penney CEO ullman says ackman's earlier criticism of his tenure not "entirely
balanced", points to recession, drop in mall traffic * Penney CEO ullman : "i'm coming back not because of a contract or some kind
of financial arrangement- it's to right the ship" * Penney CEO ullman says first thing will be "to sit down with the team and
understand what they think is working, what is not working"
- Ferguson march muted, police officer disciplined over video |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. protests intercept of Navy jet by Chinese warplane