BRIEF-Interview-Penney CEO Ullman approached by board for job "over the weekend"
April 8 (Reuters) - J C Penney Company Inc : * Interview-j.c. penney co inc CEO ullman says was approached by board
for CEO job "over the weekend" * Penney CEO ullman won't say if he'll stick to shop-in-shop strategy, but says
"there's nothing wrong with the idea of having attractions" * Penney CEO ullman "it's going to be important to have someone with relevant
knowledge on the ground- i have a lot invested in wanting to be successful." * Penney CEO ullman says ackman's earlier criticism of his tenure not "entirely
balanced", points to recession, drop in mall traffic * Penney CEO ullman : "i'm coming back not because of a contract or some kind
of financial arrangement- it's to right the ship" * Penney CEO ullman says first thing will be "to sit down with the team and
understand what they think is working, what is not working"
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study