TSE halts trade in JGB futures briefly after sharp rise
TOKYO, April 8
TOKYO, April 8 (Reuters) - The Tokyo Stock Exchange briefly halted trade in Japanese government bond futures on Monday after a sharp rise following the Bank of Japan's first government bond buying operations since it announced aggressive monetary easing last week.
The trading halt came after 10-year JGB futures rose 1 point to 145.02. They were trading at 145.14 by 0347 GMT.
Ten-year futures ended the morning session 0.88 point higher at 144.90.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter