CORRECTED-Mexico's central bank suspends daily dollar auction
(Corrects headline to read "dollar" auction)
MEXICO CITY, April 8 (Reuters) - Mexico on Monday said it would suspend a mechanism for dollar auctions triggered by sharp moves in the peso, which was put in place in November, 2011.
The foreign exchange commission said in a statement that volatility in the exchange rate had decreased, which meant that such auctions were no longer necessary. (Reporting by Krista Hughes and Alexandra Alper)
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid