UPDATE 1-Mexico January gross fixed investment rises 3.0 pct m/m
MEXICO CITY, April 8 (Reuters) - Mexican gross fixed investment rose 3.0 percent in January from the previous month, the national statistics agency INEGI said on Monday.
The measure of spending on machinery, equipment and new construction was up 4.6 percent from the same month a year earlier.
The gauge, a lagging indicator, gives a delayed measure of sentiment toward making big capital investments in Mexico.
Growth in the Mexican economy is expected to reach 3.5 percent this year, according to finance ministry projections, after expanding by nearly 4 percent annually over the past two years.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat