News Corp's Carey says Fox could become subscription service
April 8 (Reuters) - News Corp could consider making its Fox broadcast television network a subscription service as a solution to keeping the channel off online platforms like Aereo, News Corp Chief Operating Officer Chase Carey said on Monday.
Carey, speaking at a National Association of Broadcasters event in Las Vegas, called Aereo's use of Fox's signals "disappointing." The broadcast networks have sued to block the service, backed by media heavyweight Barry Diller.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel