News Corp's Carey says Fox could become subscription service
April 8 (Reuters) - News Corp could consider making its Fox broadcast television network a subscription service as a solution to keeping the channel off online platforms like Aereo, News Corp Chief Operating Officer Chase Carey said on Monday.
Carey, speaking at a National Association of Broadcasters event in Las Vegas, called Aereo's use of Fox's signals "disappointing." The broadcast networks have sued to block the service, backed by media heavyweight Barry Diller.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident