North Korean nuclear test not seen imminent: South Korea
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea does not appear to be preparing for a fourth nuclear test in the near future, South Korea's Defense Ministry said on Monday based on its reading of activity around the test site.
"We found there had been no unusual movements that indicated it wanted to carry out a nuclear test," a spokesman at the ministry said.
Earlier another South Korean ministry said it had seen signs indicating the North was readying a nuclear test.
(Reporting by Ju-min Park; Editing by)
- Separatists take armored vehicles, humiliating Ukraine forces |
- Hundreds still missing in deadly Korea ferry sinking |
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- BofA reports first quarterly loss since 2011 on lofty legal bill
- Wall Street gains on Yellen comments and Yahoo; BofA falls