North Korean nuclear test not seen imminent: South Korea
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea does not appear to be preparing for a fourth nuclear test in the near future, South Korea's Defense Ministry said on Monday based on its reading of activity around the test site.
"We found there had been no unusual movements that indicated it wanted to carry out a nuclear test," a spokesman at the ministry said.
Earlier another South Korean ministry said it had seen signs indicating the North was readying a nuclear test.
(Reporting by Ju-min Park; Editing by)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |