Teenager in garbage container crushed by Luxembourg trash truck
BRUSSELS, April 8
BRUSSELS, April 8 (Reuters) - A French teenager who had hidden inside a garbage container was crushed to death inside a trash truck in Luxembourg on Saturday, police said.
Garbage men only discovered the 17-year-old when he shouted out as they emptied the container into the back of the truck early on Saturday morning, but by then he was already in the grasp of the crushing mechanism.
"He cried out, but it was already too late," a spokeswoman for Luxembourg police said on Monday.
The young man, whose name was not released, died on the scene, in the city of Luxembourg.
Police have opened an investigation.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |