Spanish firm Matutes denies takeover offer for airline Vueling
MADRID, April 8
MADRID, April 8 (Reuters) - Spanish company Grupo Empresas Matutes will not launch a counter takeover offer for low-cost airline Vueling, the group said in a statement to the stock market regulator on Monday.
Vueling is currently subject to a takeover bid from the International Airlines Group and recently there have been rumours Matutes could make a counter offer.
IAG raised its offer for Vueling to 9.25 euros ($12.04) per share after the Barcelona-based airline rejected its initial price of 7 euros per share. ($1 = 0.7682 euros) (Reporting by Clare Kane; Editing by Julien Toyer)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Seattle students protest gay Catholic school teacher's resignation
- Obama girls get dating advice from their watchful dad
- Accused Colorado theater gunman competent to stand trial, evaluators say
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets