Agrium says candidates for board sweep proxy battle with Jana
April 9 (Reuters) - Shareholders of Canadian fertilizer company Agrium Inc elected all 12 board candidates from the company and none from activist shareholder Jana Partners LLC, Agrium said on Tuesday.
The Calgary, Alberta-based company has been locked in a proxy battle with Jana since November, with Jana calling for a possible breakup of Agrium, reduced costs and better use of capital.
Jana said earlier that the vote was tainted and should be investigated; but Agrium said the result was "fair and square."
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port