Agrium says candidates for board sweep proxy battle with Jana
April 9 (Reuters) - Shareholders of Canadian fertilizer company Agrium Inc elected all 12 board candidates from the company and none from activist shareholder Jana Partners LLC, Agrium said on Tuesday.
The Calgary, Alberta-based company has been locked in a proxy battle with Jana since November, with Jana calling for a possible breakup of Agrium, reduced costs and better use of capital.
Jana said earlier that the vote was tainted and should be investigated; but Agrium said the result was "fair and square."
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas