ECB's Asmussen sees growing risks for H2 recovery
NUERTINGEN, Germany, April 9
NUERTINGEN, Germany, April 9 (Reuters) - European Central Bank Executive Board member Joerg Asmussen said on Tuesday there were more downside risks to a recovery of the euro zone economy in the second half of the year than one or two months ago.
His comments further fuelled expectations that the ECB is getting ready to cut interest rates further, following last week's comments by ECB President Mario Draghi that the bank would "monitor very closely" all data and stands "ready to act".
"There are more downside risks to a recovery in the second half of the year than four or eight weeks ago," Asmussen said in a speech in Nuertingen.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official