Fiat CEO "can't see the bottom" of the car market
TURIN, April 9
TURIN, April 9 (Reuters) - Italy's carmaker Fiat CEO Sergio Machionne said on Tuesday it is not yet possible to see a turnaround for the car market.
"For the first time in a long time I can't see the bottom of the car market," Marchionne said in a press conference after the shareholders meeting of the carmaker.
Marchionne said he expects new car sales in Italy to be at 1.3 million in 2013, while European car sales should fall 5 percent.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter