Hospital operator HMA cuts 2013 outlook, shares fall
April 9 (Reuters) - Hospital operator Health Management Associates Inc on Tuesday reduced its outlook for 2013 earnings and revenue, citing a difficult operating environment for in-patient services, and its shares fell 10 percent after hours.
HMA lowered its forecast for 2013 income from continuing operations to a range of 86 cents to 95 cents per share. In January, HMA had predicted full-year earnings of 86 cents to $1.01 a share.
Shares of HMA fell 10 percent after hours from a closing at $12.59 on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia