BOJ to hold meeting with market players April 11
TOKYO, April 9
TOKYO, April 9 (Reuters) - The Bank of Japan said on Tuesday it will hold a meeting with market participants in Tokyo on April 11, as part of its efforts to ensure it can smoothly buy assets under monetary easing steps unveiled last week.
Senior BOJ officials will brief and exchange views with financial institutions and institutional investors on last week's monetary easing and the outlook for market operations at the central bank's headquarters from 4 p.m. (0700GMT).
After expanding monetary stimulus last week, the BOJ said it will enhance dialogue with market participants to seek their cooperation in smoothly buying bonds from the market.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows