BOJ to hold meeting with market players April 11
TOKYO, April 9
TOKYO, April 9 (Reuters) - The Bank of Japan said on Tuesday it will hold a meeting with market participants in Tokyo on April 11, as part of its efforts to ensure it can smoothly buy assets under monetary easing steps unveiled last week.
Senior BOJ officials will brief and exchange views with financial institutions and institutional investors on last week's monetary easing and the outlook for market operations at the central bank's headquarters from 4 p.m. (0700GMT).
After expanding monetary stimulus last week, the BOJ said it will enhance dialogue with market participants to seek their cooperation in smoothly buying bonds from the market.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter