Euro extends gains versus dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK, April 9
NEW YORK, April 9 (Reuters) - The euro extended its gains versus the dollar to hit a session peak in early New York trade on Tuesday.
The euro rose to $1.3073 on Reuters data, a three-week high. It was last at $1.3066, up 0.4 percent on the day.
Analysts said the euro was helped by its strong rise against the yen and by gains in European equities
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |