US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Dow ends at record high as cyclicals gain
NEW YORK, April 9
NEW YORK, April 9 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks advanced on Tuesday, with the Dow closing at a record high on a rally in cyclical shares and as the first impressions of the earnings season were positive.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average gained 59.98 points, or 0.41 percent, to end unofficially at 14,673.46, a record closing high. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index advanced 5.54 points, or 0.35 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,568.61. The Nasdaq Composite Index rose 15.61 points, or 0.48 percent, to close unofficially at 3,237.86.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources