US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ticks up on China data, earnings eyed
NEW YORK, April 9
NEW YORK, April 9 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks edged higher at the open on Tuesday after encouraging economic data from China, while investors braced for corporate earnings that are expected to show only modest growth.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 16.74 points or 0.11 percent, to 14,630.22, the S&P 500 gained 2.52 points or 0.16 percent, to 1,565.59 and the Nasdaq Composite added 6.32 points or 0.2 percent, to 3,228.58.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in NY hospital, nurse declared virus-free
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order