US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ticks up on China data, earnings eyed
NEW YORK, April 9
NEW YORK, April 9 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks edged higher at the open on Tuesday after encouraging economic data from China, while investors braced for corporate earnings that are expected to show only modest growth.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 16.74 points or 0.11 percent, to 14,630.22, the S&P 500 gained 2.52 points or 0.16 percent, to 1,565.59 and the Nasdaq Composite added 6.32 points or 0.2 percent, to 3,228.58.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |